Stellaris is a science-fiction grand strategy wargame, with a focus on space exploration and managing vast intergalactic civilizations. It is developed by Paradox Development Studio and published by Paradox Interactive, creators of grand strategy series such as Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, and Hearts of Iron.
- Dynamic worlds with a vast number of unique random species
- Choose between 7 different playable species, each with unique appearances, traits, and ethics. Alternatively, design and name a custom species with the government and attributes you desire.
- Explore entire galaxies in search of new discoveries
- Uncover long-fallen empires or encounter young civilizations like your own — peaceful, warlike, or otherwise
- Rich Technology System
- Guide your scientists along 3 main technological groups and discover different advancements in each game. Some tech can improve life for your entire species... or completely shatter your concepts of civilization.
- Diplomacy and Warfare
- Create alliances and form into federations with other empires, or fight wars against hostile alien species. Manage intricate balances of power both internally and externally. The Paradox signature diplomacy system allows you to employ different diplomatic stances, be it hostile, friendly, or otherwise.
- Create ships with unique designs
- Create alliances and form into federations with other empires, or fight wars against hostile alien species.